Workshops are for runners:
- Of all ages and abilities
- Beginning runners who are picking up running as a new form of exercise
- Seasoned runners who are looking to improve performance
- Runners who are looking to reduce injury risk
- Runners who are fighting through soreness/niggles/injuries
Specific topics covered during the workshop include:
- Running form to minimize impact and overuse injury
- How to improve running efficiency & speed
- Plyometric and strength training for runners
- Injury prevention
- Running shoe selection: debunking the myths surrounding pronation, heel-toe drop, stability, motion control and cushioning
Workshop attendees will get:
- Free footwear assessment
- Free injury consult
- Free training plan of choice (5K, 10K, half marathon or marathon)
- 15% off coupon for FNX nutrition supplements
- 20% off coupon for gait analysis session
- $10 off of a manual therapy session (trigger point release, dry needling, massage, stretching, IASTM).
Saturday, September 19, 2020, 9 am – 12 pm
What to expect:
The workshop will include discussion, instructor demonstrations, as well as a chance to try running drills and exercises. Please come comfortably dressed in running or workout attire/shoes and bring something to drink in case it is hot. We will NOT actually be doing a ton of running, however—this is primarily a learning experience. If you are planning to get in a 5+ mile run that day, please plan to do it outside of the workshop. Because we are not doing a lot of running during the workshop, this will also make it possible for folks who are injured to come and still get a good learning experience—if you are in this boat, we’d love to have you join us! There will be plenty of time for question and answer time with the instructor, so please bring your questions along. Free footwear assessments will be done during the workshop.
Are you interested in some bodywork for sore muscles, an injury consult or a gait analysis session after the workshop?
Carolyn will be available after the workshop on Sep 19th for individualized injury assessments, manual therapy sessions (in need of some body work for sore muscles?) or one-on-one gait analysis sessions. If you want to schedule ahead of time for an appointment after the workshop on September 19, contact Carolyn by email.
COVID19 Precautions: Please do not attend if ill or you have come in contact with a COVID case.
Have questions about the workshop?
Please contact Carolyn by email or by phone/text (208) 244-9291 or Junior Morales at Motivate Fitness at email@example.com, (208) 610-6251.